AWARDS & HONORS
- Semi-Finalist, 2019 Palette Spotlight Award, "Dirge"
- Finalist, 2018 Palette Poetry Prize, "The Better Part"
- Finalist, The 2017 Crab Orchard Review Poetry Series Open Competition, OBSCURA (ms.)
- Semi-Finalist, The 2017 Word Works Open Reading Period, SWALLOW (ms)
- Semi-Finalist, The 2017 Charles B. Wheeler Poetry Competition, SWALLOW (ms.)
- Finalist, 2017 Atlanta Review International Poetry Competition, "Litany of 'The Most Beautiful Suicide'"
- Winner, 2017 Crab Orchard Review Special Issue Feature Award, "Skeleton Lake."
- Finalist, 2017 Briar Cliff Review Annual Writing Contest, "If There is Such a Thing as Mercy" and "Reliquaries."
- Special Merit, The Comstock Review's 2016 Muriel Craft Bailey Contest, "Armageddon" (poem). Selected by Marge Piercy
- Semi-Finalist, The 2016 Word Works Washington Prize, SWALLOW (ms.)
- Award Recipient, 2016 Individual Excellence Award from The Ohio Arts Council
- Finalist, 2016 Crab Orchard Series in Poetry Open Competition, SWALLOW (ms.)
- Semi-Finalist,The 2015 Press 53 Award for Poetry, SWALLOW (mss.)
- Honorable Mention, The 2015 May Sarton New Hampshire Poetry Prize Competition, SWALLOW (ms). Selected by Mekeel McBride
- Third Place, The 2015 James Hearst Poetry Prize, “Dead Hummingbird.” Selected by D.A. Powell
- Finalist, Richard Peterson Prize, Crab Orchard Review, “The Drowned Church of Potosí, Venezuela,” 2014
- Winner, Katherine & Lee Chilcote Foundation Award for Excellence in Poetry, 1998. OUT OF EDEN
- Winner, Cleveland State University Poetry Prize, 1996. OUT OF EDEN
- Finalist, Four Way Books Poetry Competition, 1995. OUT OF EDEN (Judge: Albert Rios)
- Finalist, The Ohio State University/ The Journal Award in Poetry, 1995. OUT OF EDEN (Judge: David Citino)
- Winner, Cleveland Arts Prize in Literature, 1994
- Finalist, The National Poetry Series, 1993. OUT OF EDEN
- Finalist, Four Way Books Poetry Competition, 1993. OUT OF EDEN (Judge: Robert Pinsky)
- Finalist, The Ohio State University/ The Journal Award in Poetry, 1993. OUT OF EDEN (Judge: David Citino)
- Winner, Paumanok Poetry Award, 1992. SUNY Farmingdale
- Winner, Mississippi Valley Review 20th Anniversary Writing Contest, 1991. "The Truth" (Judge: Richard Wilbur)
- Winner, Tom McAfee Discovery Feature, 1991. “Horse Latitudes” The Missouri Review
- Second Place, Colorado Review, 1st Annual Martha Scott Trimble Poetry Award. "Rehearsals" (Judges: Jorie Graham & Jim Galvin)
- Fellowship, Bread Loaf Writer's Conference, 1991
- Winner, Cleveland State Poetry Center Prize, 1990. THE RAPTURE OF MATTER
- Pushcart Prize, 1990. "What The Blue Jay Said"
- Finalist, AWP Award Series, 1990. THE RAPTURE OF MATTER (Judge: Ellen Bryant Voigt)
- First Place, 21st Annual Midwest Writer's Conference, 1989. "Horse Latitudes" (Judge: Elton Glaser)